News & Notices
COVID-19 Update + Offices return to “By Appointment Only”
This is an update on the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Town of Highland, NY continues to be in communication with local and state government for updates and guidance related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. In accordance with the Town’s Emergency Management Plan, we have, and continue to, take steps to insure the safety and health of all Town residents and visitors.
Sullivan County Public Health is managing the pandemic and notification of primary and secondary exposures, mandatory quarantines, public health advisories, etc. We are currently in a community spread with cases increasing daily. It is important to remain diligent with mask use, social distancing, and hand hygiene.
If you are concerned that you may be ill due to COVID-19, please notify your healthcare provider/urgent care setting PRIOR to going there. The New York State COVID-19 hotline is: 1-888-364-3065. Please use 911 for Emergencies only.
- Town of Highland offices will be open by appointment only, beginning on December 14, 2020. This will enable residents to complete essential transactions (tax payment, building permits, etc.) while protecting themselves and the community at large. This is not due to a known exposure or case of COVID-19, but to allow essential functions to continue. The Highway Department building is closed to visitors.
- If you are aware of a child, senior citizen, or other vulnerable resident that may need assistance during this time please contact the Town Clerk at (845) 557-6085. All calls will be kept confidential.
- As part of the Town’s Emergency Management Plan, we maintain a list of vulnerable residents who may be homebound or in need of assistance. We have Constables available for welfare checks. We will be establishing a distribution point for resources provided by Sullivan County (food items, etc).
- All Town Employees and visitors are required to adhere to mask guidelines and social distancing recommendations. Hand sanitizer is available throughout Town Hall, and PPE is available to Town Employees.
- Executive Orders regarding gatherings, indoor and outdoor dining, etc. remain in place. Any change in status or designation of the County will be shared with residents via appropriate channels.
Town Board, Town of Highland
December 8, 2020 at 3:40 p.m