Animal Control

blank photo holder

Animal Control


Fawn Schneider
(845) 866-4137 Cell

Town Hall
4 Proctor Road
Eldred, NY 12732

An animal control officer is charged with the responsibility of responding to calls for service ranging from stray animals to investigations of cruelty to animals.

The officer may bring the animal to a compound or animal shelter, where the animals are held for a certain time before being returned to their owners, put up for adoption, released back into the wild, or euthanized.

Animal control departments are also responsible for investigating incidents of human contact with both wild and domestic animals, such as bites. They may work with Health Departments, police departments, sheriffs departments or parks and recreation departments.

Dog Licensing

Town Clerk

Susan Hoffman
(845) 557-6085


Town Hall
4 Proctor Road
Eldred, NY 12732

NYS has handed all the dog licensing over to the Town. We will be sending out renewals. If there is an error please do not hesitate to call.

Proof of rabies vaccination is required for all dog licenses.

Spayed / Neutered Dogs: $6.50 per year.
Proof of spaying or neutering is required.

Unspayed / Unneutered Dogs: $13.50 per year.

Office Hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday, 8am - 3:30pm
Wednesday 8am - 12pm
Evenings and Weekends by appointment only.