. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Town of Highland
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Please remember to display your official 911 NUMBER at your residence, IT'S THE LAW!
Please contact us if you need to update your mailing address by completing the Change of Address Form, and mailing it to the Assessor's office.
Pursuant to RPTL §1590, the 2013 Tentative Assessment Roll can be viewed here: Highland 2013 Tentative Tax Roll.
It is also available at the
Sullivan County website http://www.co.sullivan.ny.us
2013 HEARING FACT SHEET
The Board of Assessment Review hearing will be held at the Eldred Town Hall at 4 Proctor Road, Eldred, New York on the FOURTH TUESDAY OF MAY.
1. Date of hearing for 2013 will be May 28, 2013.
2. Time of hearing will be from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. and from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.
3. All complaints must be filed with the Assessor prior to the date of the hearing or with the Board of Assessment Review on the day of the hearing. All complaints must be filed on the prescribed New York State Form RP-524. Each parcel must be on a separate form. The complaint form may be picked up at the assessor's office or online at www.tax.ny.gov/research/property.
4. The Assessor's office is located in the Town Hall in the Town of Highland, Eldred, New York. The telephone number is 845/557-6563.
5. The Tentative Assessment Roll will be filed on May 1st each year in the office of the Town Clerk and will be available for inspection by the public until the fourth Tuesday in May (Grievance Day). The Town Clerk's office will be open Monday through Friday.
6. The Uniform Percent of Value is 93.00.
7. Every taxpayer should examine the Tentative Assessment Roll on file in the offices of the Assessor and Town Clerk to see if the assessment is correct and all exemptions granted are listed correctly.
Local Laws, Codes and Ordinances have been posted.